Buying A Home
Okay, you’ve made a few purchases in your lifetime. Sure, you’ve bought cars. You’ve bought jewelry. You may have even purchased a Time Share. And yet, none of those purchases will ever feel quite the same as Buying a Home. The sheer amount of stress, time, involvement, joys and frustration of Buying a Home cannot be put into words. When it’s time for you to make that decision, let us guide you every step of the way.
Here are some things to think about when you make the decision to purchase a home.
Before you Buy
Normally, real estate companies are perceived to have just ONE goal in mind when it comes to working with a Buyer: GETTING PAID. It’s this perception that has given birth to the image of the real estate agent in the eyes of the general public: Fast-talking, hard selling, money-counting, eyes-on the-prize…well, you know…the stereotypical REALTOR. Sad to say, there are quite a few out there that actually DO fit that particular mold. It is with that understanding that Watanabe International, Inc. strives to break free from the pack. We are a Family of Realtors, Brokers, Property Managers and Employees that aim to provide the service of DOING WHAT IS RIGHT for YOU.
HOW DO WE DO THAT?
Simply stated, we built our entire business on the Consultative Approach to Buying. This is an approach and philosophy that is characterized by discovering YOUR needs, building LASTING, PERSONAL relationships, providing you with alternatives and solving problems for our clientele.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT OTHER REAL ESTATE COMPANIES DO?
The key difference lies in how we view YOU, our clientele. When we sit down to talk about your situation, the SALE isn’t what we are focused on. DOING WHAT IS RIGHT for YOU, even when it means we won’t make the sale, is what we set our sights on. YOUR success is our priority.
HOW DO YOU ACHIEVE THAT?
Our Family of Realtors, Brokers, Property Managers and Employees are all expected to build and manage their client relationships on the 3 Principles of the Consultative Approach:
1) They are willing to sacrifice their own short-term gains to achieve the longer-lasting benefits of doing what is right – and, more importantly, sacrificing those gains for the benefit of the client that they are serving.
2) They strive to build a personal relationship with their clientele – based on a solid foundation of trust, education, integrity, communication, respect and an incomparable level of performance.
3) They build credibility and a reputation for excellence within the eyes of their clientele and the community around them. This is done through the consistent demonstration of outstanding performances in their dealings. Their reputation is built upon consistently exhibiting preparedness, knowledge, expertise and a genuine concern for the client’s success.
LET US SHOW YOU JUST HOW DIFFERENT YOUR REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE CAN BE.
VIEW OUR STEPS OF SERVICE FOR BUYERS NOW!
Steps of Service – Buyers
1) Our Introduction Presentation – Sit down with us for an hour or so, and let us “set the stage” for your experience. We will share with you our philosophies, goals and backgrounds at first – making sure that we all share the same vision for your home purchase. We’ll then venture into a discussion on the current market, the issues facing present Buyers, and the Pros and Cons of Buying a home. All of this is done BEFORE we even talk about your own personal situation. In our view, if you don’t like what you have heard, or you don’t agree with our style of doing business, you have the total right to walk away! No pressure. No expectations.
2) Financial Analysis & Pre-qualification – If you like what you have heard thus far, we will take the next step and meet again to discuss your finances. We are NOT loan officers…but we feel that it is OUR responsibility to be aware of what is happening in your life, financially. That way, we can give you the guidance you need to make SMART decisions regarding your loan. What are your goals? What is your budget? What are the potential credit issues that could arise? We will spend some time gathering your financial information and will then meet TOGETHER with a recommended loan officer. Together, we will review and explain your credit scores, explore the loan options that are available, and discuss the process of getting a mortgage. Most importantly, we want to look at how YOUR BUDGET compares to your QUALIFICATIONS.
3) Tax Presentation – Understanding the tax implications (good and bad) of buying a home are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE. Knowing how taxes affect your future and goals are critical to making the RIGHT decisions with your home. We are NOT CPA’s….but do feel that is OUR responsibility to open up the tax discussion so you can plan the right way!
4) Creating Your Dream List / Setting Your Expectations – Now that you’ve gotten a firm understanding of your future purchase, and had a chance to get comfortable with your budget, we want to take the time to create your Dream List. What will your new home look like? What neighborhoods are ideal? What does the ideal interior and yard look like? Then, we’ll take the time to patiently Set Your Expectations. What are your Needs vs. Wants? What’s important, what’s crucial, what’s negotiable? What can you expect to find in your price range? We want to be sure to set the framework for your search the RIGHT WAY so that your expectations are met!
5) Road Trip!! – It’s taken several meetings to get to this point – but by this time, it is our goal that ALL of your fears, worries & questions are addressed, and that the correct expectations are set. You are now EDUCATED and EMPOWERED to make the right decision for yourself and your family.